Saturday, December 12, 2009

Classic Conversations

I think there’s a reason that first born children are generally type A people. They learn self-reliance at an early age because their mother has her hands full with the rest of the children. For example, today, I was trying to get out the door, holding: the baby, OBB’s lunch, his bag for school, his snack, the keys and my purse, and OBB wanted help with his jacket. “Try to get it on yourself” I told him. At first he fought me, but eventually, he tried and got it on, but needed help zippering it. In my exasperated state, I tried to give him extra praise for getting it on, which he accepted with a look on his face that said “you’ve got to be kidding me.” And as we were walking to the car, he came up with this…

OBB: Momma?

Me: Yes?

OBB: I’m not a momma. I’m just a boy.

Me: What do you mean by that?

OBB: I mean, I’m supposed to play with toys.

In other words, “would you please let me be a child and live a worry-free life and stop making me learn stuff before I’m ready?” Yep. That’s my son. Already excelling at the good comeback. Well on his way to type A-dom.

No comments: