

All of the meals have stopped, the hubby is back at work, the proud grandmother has returned home and I'm officially on my own. Over the past few days, I have accomplished some things that I 1) didn't think I could and 2) never considered as something to be proud of accomplishing. I must share.
1) I took two children to the post office to mail 10 packages. This may sound relatively simple, but it was actually very complicated. I only had one stroller. I had 10 packages. I had two children. And I only have two hands. So OBB went in the stroller, OBG stayed in her car seat, the packages went in the bottom of the stroller and I pushed the stroller with one hand while carrying the car seat with the other and was thankful for the automated doors into the post office. I delicately positioned the baby on the floor so as not to be hit with falling mail or trampled by ignorant people not looking for a baby carrier on the floor. I made sure OBB had a snack and a match box car with him in the stroller to keep him happy for the 5 minutes it took me to use the automated postal computer. All in all, it worked. I felt like I was getting somewhere.
2) I took two children to Starbucks. This also sounds easy, but again, I only have two hands which leaves one hand for OBB, one for the baby carrier and then you're left wondering how to carry the coffee. This required some creativity. I convinced OBB he was "helping me" by hanging onto the other side of the baby carrier as we walked through the parking lot which freed up a hand to carry coffee. Starbucks fix achieved.
3) I got two children to nap at the same time yesterday afternoon allowing me to experience 2 full hours of uninterrupted napping bliss for myself in the middle of the day and resulting in a marked improvement in my overall attitude. This was achieved by 1) wearing OBB out in the morning at a play date, 2) getting OBB lunch on the way home, 3) feeding OBG while OBB watched a little TV before his nap and 4) the grace of God for having them both konk out at the same time and preventing the phone from ringing for two hours. It really was wonderful.
So now with all this under my belt, what will I attempt next? How about an OB/GYN appt with two children on a Thursday morning because they couldn't schedule it during OBB's preschool. Fun times. Can't wait.
3 comments:
all i know is no one staffer in the entire U.S. Senate has anything on your multitasking abilities. I am sitting here applauding your every bullet point... and in AWE. :)
Great Job!! Food for thought.....God only gave you 2 eyes and 2 hands.....
You need to get a double stroller....it will make life much easier. My two oldest were 14 months apart and it was a life saver having it.
Post a Comment