That's what I've been hearing from most people who see me these days...."you mean you're STILL around?" Yep, I'm here. I can't believe it myself. I never thought I'd make it this far and by this point in my pregnancy last time, OBB was out of the NICU and at home by now. It has me wondering just how big this little girl is going to be.
I'm 2 days and counting away from my scheduled c-section on Friday morning. And while I'm genuinely excited about seeing my little girl, not being pregnant anymore and starting our life as a family of four, I'm a little sad that I only have two more days of pregnancy left in the rest of my life (unless God has some really big plans for us! :-)
Sure, I'm completely uncomfortable, trying to sleep is a joke and I can't really sit still for very long but apparently, I'm also stressing out the people who sit around me in church. This Sunday, everyone was asking me how much longer and this little old lady from the row behind me taps me on the shoulder at the end of the service and says "I can't tell you how happy I am that you're finally having that baby!".
And then there's the issue of OBB. He really has no idea what's about to happen but he can tell something's about to happen. If you ask him where the baby is, he still lifts up his shirt and points to his stomach. He also has been asserting himself more recently...especially his use of the word no. I think part of this is being 2 1/2 and part of it is that he can tell something is up.
In fact everyone in my house is acting out a little more than ususal. It's like there's an electricity in the air and everything is about to change. The other night, I was upstairs after dinner and heard a fork moving over a plate on the kitchen table, while I knew full well that my WH was busy upstairs giving OBB a bath. It seems that someone decided that the leftover chicken on my dinner plate needed eating...the culprit? You guessed it...even our EDD is out of sorts. She had two paws up on the table by the time I found her. She also has taken to chewing on stuffed toys that are clearly not hers and that she's never shown interest in before. It's like she's trying to tell me "I'm onto you. I know something's up. You people don't give me nearly enough credit".
However, amidst all this, I do feel some sense of accomplishment. After having a hard time getting pregnant the second time around and going through my pregnancy waiting for the other shoe to drop, I've actually made it to the end. I just never thought I'd be here. In two days, I'll be a mother of two. Wow. That's not a moniker I had given a lot of thought to. Referring to "my children" is a foreign concept and kind of makes me feel like "the little old lady who lived in the shoe." But I suppose everyone will adjust and we'll figure it out. And yes, I realize how ridiculous this must sound to those of you who have three, or four, or five, Krista. :-)
So just two more days before the fun starts! I'll be sure to post one last pregnant picture and then you can count on lots of pictures to follow once we get home from the hospital next week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I am so excited to see pictures of Baby Beals!!
Sonya
I'm so excited for you to be a family of four! It's been a long road, and it's time to celebrate the birth of this little girl! I can't wait to hear the blessed news!!!
holy moly - YOU'RE STILL PREGNANT!?!?
:)
wish i could come snuggle that girl this weekend! cheers :)
can't wait til tomorrow!
Post a Comment