It's so true what they say about you completely forgetting what it's like to be pregnant so that you'll go ahead and try it again. Here is the TOP 10 Things I Forgot About the First Trimester.
10. Sleepless nights - for whatever reason, I'm already having trouble sleeping. I just can't get comfortable and I feel like I toss and turn all night.
9. Breakouts - I have been blessed with a relatively good complexion (excluding a few years during the late 80s) but now it's like I'm back in junior high. Stuff is popping up out of nowhere - my face has a mind if its own!
8. Smell Aversions - today, my husband and I went to several home improvement stores looking at carpet. The two Lowe's stores in town have little sandwich carts out front that serve food to people on the go. Well today they were making grilled green peppers/onions and the smell just about knocked me over going in and out of the store.
7. Sheer exhaustion and lack of energy. I could literally spend all day on the couch. Once the afternoon has hit and OBB wakes up from his nap, I don't even want to leave the house. Walking to the mailbox is too much work (plus it's cold outside). I have gone as far as to call my WH on his way home from work and ask him to bring the mail in when he comes home. Sad, I know.
6. Bizarre cravings. I had this craving for cucumbers a week or so ago. After thinking about it, I realized it was probably really a craving for pickles. I also could eat an Arby's Roast Beef sandwich every day. I don't think my waistline would thank me, but my tastebuds would!
5. Being hungry and having to eat something RIGHT NOW. There's something about the hunger you get when you're pregnant that isn't like regular hunger. It's hunger tinged with the threat of impending nausea that makes you swing into action immediately to find the quickest, easiest way to satisfy your gastrointestinal yearnings.
4. Speaking of nausea...morning sickness is really not an appropriate term for what I've been experiencing. It's more like morning sickness, followed by "you're gonna feel sick if you don't have a morning snack by 11 a.m.", followed by "it's 4:30 and dinner is two hours away, which I totally don't feel like making because the thought of handling any meat in its raw state will most surely send me to the bathroom...I better eat something right now!", followed by "it's 9 p.m. and I know I ate a big dinner but I really need something else to take this feeling away!"
3. Wishing you could wear a sign that says "I don't normally look this way and I'm not really in a rotten mood, I'm just pregnant and exhausted" when you realize it's too early for anyone to realize you're pregnant and they all just assume you woke up on the wrong side of the bed (which you probably did).
2. Congratulating yourself for accomplishing everyday tasks like grocery shopping, laundry and dishes because you realize the motivation you had to muster.
1. The tremendous desire you have to be in the second trimester where you'll have more energy and maybe even a cute baby bump to show off.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
11. you definitely forgot how hard it was to be pregnant and have a toddler... wait, you never knew how hard it was to be pregnant and have a toddler... how about you log some tips in here on that for me to reference in a couple years.
:)
Post a Comment